We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.

That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,





Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Buying Votes

The Democrats are falling all over eachother to see who can promise the most handouts from the Government.

Back in November 2006 I wrote "they think you're stupid, and maybe they're right" which detailed the foolish notion that anything comes from the government.

The government produces no product, they don't buy stuff and then sell it for a profit, they have no revenue as a business does, even though it is the fastest growing employer in the nation.

Therefore, the only thing that the government can "give" to you, is something that they must have first took from you.

Here is Obama's latest shell game, from the Stansberry and Associates' digest:

"To get through these uncertain times, we have to recognize that we all have a stake in one another's success..." says OBAMA! Uh oh.

I know where this going... What OBAMA! really means is that my neighbors have a right to their share of my success... and I have the right to pay them off.

Calling his plan a tax cut for the "middle class," OBAMA! intends to raise capital gains and dividend taxes and redistribute the $85 billion in $1,000 bonus checks to "working families."

Maybe someone will ask OBAMA! what "middle class" he's really talking about.

Seems to me the middle class is overwhelmingly invested in the stock market with 401k plans and IRAs... which means it's the middle class that will actually fund this tax.

If I were running for president against OBAMA! I'd use marketing that was easier to understand.

My slogan would be: Hey Poor Slobs: Vote For Me and I'll Pay You $1,000!

No comments: